Leeds Independent Poetry Press Festival
Introducing this festival which I am involved with and excited about.
You may wish to put it in your diary now.
If you run a poetry group or are involved in the production of an ezine you may wish to contact us in order to get publicity at the festival – there are opportunities to put on fringe events
The festival will be held in the Carriageworks, Leeds in 2011 on September 24th
What will LIPPFest do?
– Provide an annual platform (The LIPPFest Festival) for the very best in contemporary poetry from our independent presses including over 20 writers from diverse publishing houses.
– Provide poets with the opportunity to run workshops within a festival environment.
– Support young writers through a young-writer-in-residence programme and a chance for emerging writers to read alongside existing writers.
– Provide an open forum and a series of symposiums to debate the key issues in the independent press industry.
– Offer an annual marketplace where independent presses and writers can come to sell books for free, without paying commission or paying a fee for their market space.
– Co-operate with key organisations and publishers within the Independent Press Industry to help promote, market and sell independent press books.
– Aim to bring contemporary poetry to as wide and diverse an audience as possible, encouraging the reading and purchase of independent press books.
More details in forthcoming blogs